Dean Giustini has published his Top Five 2005 Search Trends in Medicine:
1. Blogging in medicine - online journaling (1), blogsearch, user-generated content
2. Open access - institutional repository search, Google Scholar, Scirus, wiki-med
3. Daily alerting - "pushed" content, RSS feeds, podcasts, del.icio.us
4. Multimedia on web - audio, podcasting, videocasting
5. Medical education - online, "on the go", handhelds, telehealth
Please see Dean's original posting on UBC Google Scholar Blog, through the link above, for some very interesting links.
Thanks to Dean Giustini, and Peter Suber on Open Access News