Thursday, November 10, 2005

This Book's a Keeper!

I just received a doorstep delivery (yes, I ordered it online from MIT Press) of John Willinsky's brand new book "The Access Principle: The Case for Open Access to Research and Scholarship." Besides the fact that I've already touted on this blog Professor Willinsky's talents as a speaker and his expertise on open access, the back cover of his book includes the following praise from the open access guru himself, Peter Suber:

"John Willinsky understands the way the Internet changes everything for scholarly communication and has written a clear and compelling defense of open access, both in principle and in practice. I recommend it especially for its treatment of copyright issues and the special situation of scholarly societies and developing countries."

I've just started reading this book, and while I suspect I will be sharing it with many people (OA advocates and otherwise), I'm quite sure it's a book I'll want to keep.

No comments: